Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Book filling stamp

If you have never used one, I have to recommend that you purchase one or more of these stamps. 
brush on some paint (or ink from a stamp pad)
and press down into the book.
We wanted to leave the book blank in places so that the actors could write in it during rehearsals and fill pages with drawings, but it's a big book to fill.
A couple of stamps every few pages went a long way toward helping the book look full.
The process was also helped by my heat gun. I was able to stamp, dry and turn the page quickly and easily.

This project was for a show my fiance is working on, but I'm glad that I got a chance to use the stamp. I have a project coming up in the summer that is going to need a messy journal, I am thinking I might buy a second one (the craft stores sell multiple varieties) to get some length and width variety to the passages.

1 comment: